The X-Shut ELECTRO is a connector and mount in one. It is the world’s first system that combines both electrical and mechanical requirements equally. The possibilities from this combination are almost unlimited. It is used to supply power to devices that transmit signals and whenever exposed cables are undesirable. The X-Shut ELECTRO is made of stainless steel and has the same mechanical properties as the X-Shut BASE & CROSS. It is compatible with all X-Shut adapters and the X-Shut SPIDER System. The X-Shut Electro is a high-end product mainly used in industry and professional settings, for example automotive, aviation, police, and military.
- Has 11 electrical spring pin contacts.
- Contact pins and surfaces are gold-plated.
- Of the 11 contacts, two are lagging, meaning they are only closed when the X-Shut if fully locked.
- Reverse polarity protection. Unlike the purely mechanical X-Shut BASE & CROSS, the X-Shut ELECTRO can only be inserted and locked in a defined position.
- The standard X-Shut CROSS can be mounted to the ELECTRO BASE.
- Low profile design in comparison to other options.
- Customizable applications per customer’s needs. We can customize the entire configuration and installation.
- It is possible to unlock the BASE electronically using a small servo motor.
- Weather resistant. This connector is often used in harsh environmental conditions where it is exposed to splashing water, dust, and high temperature fluctuations.
- If the ELECTRO BASE is not in use, we have a cover that protects it from dirt and dust.
- The range of mounting surfaces is the same as the standard X-Shut BASE and the same accessories also work with ELECTRO.
- Compatible with X-Shut SNAKE and SPIDER systems.
- Unintentional separation of the BASE & CROSS is nearly impossible.