Learn About Our Protocols
Above All Else, Excellence
As the only service center for CYPRES in the Western Hemisphere and for LB outside of Europe, we follow strict maintenance protocols prescribed by Airtec and LB Altimeters.
If you’re unsure whether to send CYPRES units to SSK or to Airtec, contact us. We’re here to support.
It’s highly recommended that all CYPRES units be returned to SSK during years 5 and 10 or – for units manufactured prior to January 2017 – years 4 and 8. Note, some military entities mandate scheduled maintenance for these units.
Maintenance is mandatory on units manufactured before January 2016.
The CYPRES has a maintenance window of plus/minus 6 months:
- To find the maintenance date, turn on the CYPRES, access the unit’s info and look for the next maintenance date. Refer to section 4.5 of the User’s Guide for illustrated step-by-step instructions.
Maintenance cannot be performed prior to 6 months before the date of manufacture anniversary:
- If the DOM is 08/19, as an example, and 5-year maintenance is due, then the maintenance date will display 08/24. Considering 6 months on either side, the true window is 02/24 through 02/25.
- The date of manufacture (DOM) is found on the:
- Processing unit (black box)
- CYPRES Test Certificate that came with the new CYPRES
- Reserve packing data card
If you can’t locate the DOM, email us the CYPRES serial number and we’ll sort it out.
What We’ll Do
Inspection and maintenance of your CYPRES includes:
- Repair of any wear or tear
- Data analysis
- Complete inspection
- High and low extreme temperature tests
- Temperature cycling tests
- Temperature stability check and adjustment
- Shielding check
- Cutter testing
- Battery replacement (if needed)
- Filter replacement
- Applicable updates – hardware, software, improvements
- Artificial aging of any new components
- Complete calibration and analysis
- Flight performance testing (activation/non-activation)
- Power consumption test and analysis
- Output power verification
- Waterproof testing
- Final functional testing
Military Model Conversions for the Military CYPRES can be performed at no additional cost during scheduled maintenance. This can also be performed outside of scheduled maintenance for a cost. (Model conversions are available for 1035, 1535, 1935, 2529, and 2535 models only).
Sport Model Conversions for the Expert, Tandem, Student and Speed CYPRES are available and performed at no cost except for shipping. This can be performed during scheduled maintenance or separately.
1-Pin to 2-Pin Conversion is available too. Turn in a 1-pin cutter and we’ll only invoice for 50% of the cost of the 2-pin cutter. There’s no charge if switching from a 2-pin to 1-pin. (May not be possible for large quantities depending on current availability of used non-activated cutters).
LB Maintenance & Warranty Policy
LB Tactical Altimeters located outside of Europe that are in need of service should be sent to SSK. For those in Europe, please contact the LB Service Center located in Spain.
LB models that ARE serviceable:
Read the Warranty Policy
- Military ALTITRACK
- Military ALTITRACK BASIC
- ALTISET II
- VISO II+, OPTIMA II, SOLO II, QUATTRO
- PROTRACK II
- ARES II and original ARES
- ALTITRACK with firmware version 1.07 or higher.
(Firmware version shown on LCD on back of unit when powering up)
VISO II NOTICE: Case and display replacements are provided for a charge, but beyond that the VISO II is no longer serviceable.
Models Ineligible for Service
LB models that are no longer serviceable:
Please don’t send these in
- Original VISO, OPTIMA and SOLO
- Original ProTrack
- Original Dytter and ProDytter
- ALTITRACK with firmware below 1.07.
(Firmware version shown on LCD on back of unit when powering up).
LB Warranty Policy
All LB Altimeters are covered under a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty. To receive the warranty repair or replacement, a Proof of Purchase (PoP) must be provided showing that the altimeter was purchased from an authorized LB Altimeters dealer within the past 2 years.
Once SSK receives the altimeter with PoP, it will be repaired/replaced and returned at no cost. Water damage on non-waterproof models and negligent use will void the warranty.
For Service information on LB Tactical Altimeter models please email us or call 513-934-3201.
Customer pays for return shipping on charged repair/replacements. If the device is in the warranty period and a PoP is provided, then shipping charges will not apply.
For additional Terms & Conditions please visit the manufacturer’s website.