The Military CYPRES 2 1000/35A is designed for versatile military use and is recommended for solo jumps carrying very light or no equipment. The activation setting reflects the short opening distance of smaller tactical square parachutes. It can also be used on the bundle for MTTB jumps. Contact the manufacturer of your parachute/container system for additional assistance.
Training Mode: While in Training Mode, the Military CYPRES works with the simplicity and ease of operation like the sport CYPRES models. After turn-on and self-test, the unit zeroes out to the local elevation and automatically tracks weather changes, adjusting accordingly throughout the day.
Operational Mode: For tactical applications and remote jumps, using the Military CYPRES in Operational Mode overcomes the limitations of Training Mode and sport CYPRES models. The absolute pressure of any Target DZ or Virtual DZ can be programmed, while on the ground or in flight, even in a pressurized cabin.
The Military CYPRES Advantage & Features:
- Unrivaled RELIABILTY
- 30+ years of experience
- 5,000+ saves
- Has accompanied more than 146 Million jumps
- 225,000+ units produced
- Has never failed to activate and cut the loop when the conditions were met*
- 15.5 year lifetime warranty.
- 2-in-1. Operational Mode and Training Mode.
- Superior cutter design has always cut the reserve closing loop cleanly, even with no tension on the loop.
- Unique V-cut technology applies full force in one cutting intersection.
- Waterproof: 8 foot depth for 24 hours.
- Operating Temperature: -25°F to +145°F (-32°C to +63°C)**
- Proactive, scheduled voluntary maintenance to ensure continued accurate operation and to perform any applicable updates.
- No user battery replacement – no cost to user for batteries.
- Predictable cost of ownership.
- Automatically tracks weather changes throughout the day and adjusts accordingly (when used in Training Mode).
- Military CYPRES Calculators and Apps provided to calculate absolute pressure of Target DZ / Virtual DZ.
- Unit information accessible via control unit display:
- Flight counter (only counts Training Mode jumps)
- Serial number
- Next possible maintenance date
- Revision number
*Given that the CYPRES was correctly installed and that the parameters to warrant an activation were met, including but not limited to the loop being properly routed through the cutter. Per our current knowledge as of Nov. 2020.
**The temperature limits are not referring to the outside (ambient) temperatures, but rather temperatures inside the processing unit.