The Smoke Jumper CYPRES 2 is uniquely designed to meet their needs. Like the Aircrew CYPRES, it too has an arming cable, but the activation criteria and methodology are very different. While flying level on jumprun at approx. 3,000 ft AGL, the jumper arms the CYPRES shortly before exit and the unit begins monitoring the situation. If the jumper falls to approx. 1,800 ft below the jumprun altitude with a vertical speed of approx. 35 m/s (78mph) or greater, the unit will activate. The activation window ends at approx. 2,600 ft below the jumprun altitude.
We provide custom length arming housings and arming cables based on the type of rig and configuration. The Slide Switch is an appropriate arming option that allows the smoke jumper to manually arm and disarm the unit by sliding the switch into an on/off position. When the unit is disarmed, it will not interfere with all possible flight scenarios. Other slide switches besides ours may be used with the use of proper rigging and design.
Note: Alternative model available on request which does not have the arming cable. Instead, the unit is armed via the push button on the control unit. This allows the unit to be waterproof. However, the use of an arming cable slide switch is more convenient when wearing gloves, so there is a trade-off.
The Smoke Jumper CYPRES 2 Advantage & Features:
- Unrivaled RELIABILTY
- 32+ years of experience
- 5,200+ saves
- Has accompanied more than 165 Million jumps
- 268,000+ units produced
- Has never failed to activate and cut the loop when the conditions were met*
- 15.5 year lifetime warranty.
- Superior cutter design has always cut the reserve closing loop cleanly, even with no tension on the loop.
- Unique V-cut technology applies full force in one cutting intersection.
- Operating Temperature: -25°F to +145°F (-32°C to +63°C)**
- Proactive, scheduled voluntary maintenance to ensure continued accurate operation and to perform any applicable updates.
- No user battery replacement – no cost to user for batteries.
- Predictable cost of ownership.
- Choice of arming method configuration.
- Unit information accessible via control unit display:
- Activation Counter
- Serial number
- Next possible maintenance date
*Given that the CYPRES was correctly installed and that the parameters to warrant an activation were met, including but not limited to the loop being properly routed through the cutter. Per our current knowledge as of April 2023.
**The temperature limits are not referring to the outside (ambient) temperatures, but rather temperatures inside the processing unit.