The Expert CYPRES activates the cutter when it detects a descent rate higher than 78mph (35m/s) at an approximate default altitude of 750 ft (225m) above ground level (AGL).
As with all of the Sport (civilian) CYPRES models, there is a feature which allows the user to increase the activation altitude setting if desired. For more information please refer to the User’s Guide.
The CYPRES Advantage & Features
- Unrivaled RELIABILTY
- 32+ years of experience
- 5,200+ saves
- Has accompanied more than 165 Million jumps
- 268,000+ units produced
- Has never failed to activate and cut the loop when the conditions were met*
- 15.5 year lifetime warranty.**
- No user battery replacement – no cost to user for batteries.
- Predictable cost of ownership.
- User-Selectable Activation Altitude.
- Dropzone offset.
- Superior cutter design has always cut the reserve closing loop cleanly, even with no tension on the loop.
- Unique V-cut technology applies full force in one cutting intersection.
- Waterproof: 8 foot depth for 24 hours.
- Proactive, scheduled voluntary maintenance to ensure continued accurate operation and to perform any applicable updates.
- Automatically tracks weather changes throughout the day and adjusts accordingly.
- Unit information accessible via control unit display:
- Flight counter
- Serial number
- Next possible maintenance date
- Select scale of feet or meters
- User-Selectable Activation Altitude
*Given that the CYPRES was correctly installed and that the parameters to warrant an activation were met, including but not limited to the loop being properly routed through the cutter. Per our current knowledge as of April 2023.
**If both maintenances have been performed within the scheduled time frame.