Tandem CYPRES 2
The Tandem CYPRES 2 is specifically designed to be used on tandem style sport skydives, thus the higher activation altitude to account for additional variables of a tandem system.
Ask about our sport CYPRES discount for your personal rig if you are a military certified freefall jumper or rigger.
TANDEM CYPRES 2 PART NUMBERS:
- P/N AAD2C1T (1-Pin)
- P/N AAD2C1T-L (1-Pin w/LTM)
- P/N AAD2C2T (2-Pin)
- P/N AAD2C2T-L (2-Pin w/LTM)
The descent rate for the activation is the same as with the Expert CYPRES (78mph / 35m/s) but the default activation altitude is approximately 1900 ft (580m) AGL.
In general, tandem canopies require additional altitude to fully open. The minimum exit altitude, deployment, and decision altitude is also higher. The Tandem CYPRES methodology follows the same logic.
The CYPRES Advantage & Features
- Unrivaled RELIABILTY
- 32+ years of experience
- 5,200+ saves
- Has accompanied more than 165 Million jumps
- 268,000+ units produced
- Has never failed to activate and cut the loop when the conditions were met*
- 15.5 year lifetime warranty.**
- No user battery replacement – no cost to user for batteries.
- Predictable cost of ownership.
- User-Selectable Activation Altitude.
- Dropzone offset.
- Superior cutter design has always cut the reserve closing loop cleanly, even with no tension on the loop.
- Unique V-cut technology applies full force in one cutting intersection.
- Waterproof: 8 foot depth for 24 hours.
- Proactive, scheduled voluntary maintenance to ensure continued accurate operation and to perform any applicable updates.
- Automatically tracks weather changes throughout the day and adjusts accordingly.
- Unit information accessible via control unit display:
- Flight counter
- Serial number
- Next possible maintenance date
- Select scale of feet or meters
- User-Selectable Activation Altitude
*Given that the CYPRES was correctly installed and that the parameters to warrant an activation were met, including but not limited to the loop being properly routed through the cutter. Per our current knowledge as of April 2023
**If both maintenances have been performed within the scheduled time frame.