The Military Changeable Mode CYPRES 2 is a 4-in-1 solution that can be configured in the field to have the same activation parameters as the following Military CYPRES models: 1000/35A, 1500/35A, 1900/35A, and 2500/35A. This feature can be accomplished by a set series of control unit button pushes until the appropriate model can be selected. The setting procedures are specially designed to make unwanted changes impossible. The current model / setting version is visually recognizable on the control unit display when the unit is on.
Training Mode: While in Training Mode, the Military CYPRES works with the simplicity and ease of operation like the sport CYPRES models. After turn-on and self-test, the unit zeroes out to the local elevation and automatically tracks weather changes, adjusting accordingly throughout the day.
Operational Mode: For tactical applications and remote jumps, using the Military CYPRES in Operational Mode overcomes the limitations of Training Mode and sport CYPRES models. The absolute pressure of any Target DZ or Virtual DZ can be programmed, while on the ground or in flight, even in a pressurized cabin.
The Military CYPRES Advantage & Features:
- Unrivaled RELIABILTY
- 30+ years of experience
- 5,000+ saves
- Has accompanied more than 146 Million jumps
- 225,000+ units produced
- Has never failed to activate and cut the loop when the conditions were met*
- 15.5 year lifetime warranty.
- 2-in-1. Operational Mode and Training Mode.
- Superior cutter design has always cut the reserve closing loop cleanly, even with no tension on the loop.
- Unique V-cut technology applies full force in one cutting intersection.
- Waterproof: 8 foot depth for 24 hours.
- Operating Temperature: -25°F to +145°F (-32°C to +63°C)**
- Proactive, scheduled voluntary maintenance to ensure continued accurate operation and to perform any applicable updates.
- No user battery replacement – no cost to user for batteries.
- Predictable cost of ownership.
- Automatically tracks weather changes throughout the day and adjusts accordingly (when used in Training Mode).
- Military CYPRES Calculators and Apps provided to calculate absolute pressure of Target DZ / Virtual DZ.
- Unit information accessible via control unit display:
- Flight counter (only counts Training Mode jumps)
- Serial number
- Next possible maintenance date
- Revision number
*Given that the CYPRES was correctly installed and that the parameters to warrant an activation were met, including but not limited to the loop being properly routed through the cutter. Per our current knowledge as of Nov. 2020.
**The temperature limits are not referring to the outside (ambient) temperatures, but rather temperatures inside the processing unit.