The Aircrew CYPRES 2 has an arming cable which allows it to be armed and disarmed on the fly. While the arming cable is inserted, the unit is disarmed and will not interfere with all possible flight scenarios or pressure cabin situations.
While armed, the unit will activate at an altitude of approx. 14,000 ft (default setting) and below when a vertical speed of approx. 35 m/s (78mph) or greater is achieved.
Arming Methods: We provide custom length arming housings and arming cables based on the type of rig and configuration.
- Static Line – Can be attached to the seat or floor based on the application. For pilots or aircrew members who are permanently seated, the static line automatically arms the unit by pulling the cable in case of an emergency bail out.
- Slide Switch – Allows the aircrew member to manually arm and disarm the unit by sliding the switch into an on/off position. If an aircrew member is working at the aircraft door or open tailgate, they can arm the unit in the event they fall out. Once the door or ramp is closed, they can simply disarm the unit.
- Ripcord Handle – Allows the aircrew member to manually arm the unit by pulling the pillow grip handle or D-ring, extracting the arming cable. The cable can be easily reinserted to disarm. The Slide Switch is more convenient to disarm, but the ripcord handle method may be simpler for emergency bailout situations.
THE AIRCREW CYPRES 2 ADVANTAGE & FEATURES:
- Unrivaled RELIABILTY
- 30+ years of experience
- 5,000+ saves
- Has accompanied more than 146 Million jumps
- 225,000+ units produced
- Has never failed to activate and cut the loop when the conditions were met*
- 15.5 year lifetime warranty.
- Superior cutter design has always cut the reserve closing loop cleanly, even with no tension on the loop.
- Unique V-cut technology applies full force in one cutting intersection.
- Operating Temperature: -25°F to +145°F (-32°C to +63°C)**
- Proactive, scheduled voluntary maintenance to ensure continued accurate operation and to perform any applicable updates.
- No user battery replacement – no cost to user for batteries.
- Predictable cost of ownership.
- Selectable Activation Altitude of upper edge.
- Choice of arming method configuration.
- Unit information accessible via control unit display:
- Activation Counter
- Serial number
- Next possible maintenance date
- Upper edge of activation altitude
*Given that the CYPRES was correctly installed and that the parameters to warrant an activation were met, including but not limited to the loop being properly routed through the cutter. Per our current knowledge as of Nov. 2020.
**The temperature limits are not referring to the outside (ambient) temperatures, but rather temperatures inside the processing unit.