Wingsuit CYPRES 2
A Unique Solution That Meets the Needs of Wingsuiters
The Wingsuit CYPRES 2 is the new solution for Wingsuit Flight. Virtually all AADs designed for skydiving have one parameter combination to define their activation: a certain height and vertical speed. This has met the needs since the beginning of skydiving; until Wingsuits appeared. They allow for such slow vertical descent rates that the method of the last 90 years could not cope with these conditions anymore. A new solution was necessary.
Ask about our sport CYPRES discount for your personal rig if you are a military certified freefall jumper or rigger.
WINGSUIT CYPRES 2 PART NUMBERS:
- P/N AAD2C1W (1-Pin)
- P/N AAD2C1W-L (1-Pin w/ LTM)
- P/N AAD2C2W (2-Pin)
- P/N AAD2C2W-L (2-Pin w/LTM)
The use of Wingsuits requires not one, but two parameter combinations during the same jump. One is needed for the duration of the Wingsuit Flight and another one is needed for the duration of the Canopy Flight.
The Wingsuit CYPRES (WSC) starts off by using the Wingsuit parameters, which covers specific Wingsuit flight risks. Once it detects the criteria of your canopy, it changes the Wingsuit parameters to the canopy parameters and alerts you of the change via the paired WSC Audio device.
Aside from Wingsuiting, the WSC can also be used for all other disciplines too. The handling is identical to all other civilian CYPRES models, except for the use of the Audio which must be placed in your helmet and listened to on every jump to assure it has switched to canopy mode. Nevertheless, we ask everybody using this device to spend time to educate themselves about the physical circumstances of Wingsuit Flying and the technique behind the WSC. Read the user’s guide and ask us any questions you may have.
Listen to WSC audio.
The CYPRES Advantage & Features
- Unrivaled RELIABILTY
- 32+ years of experience
- 5,200+ saves
- Has accompanied more than 165 Million jumps
- 268,000+ units produced
- Has never failed to activate and cut the loop when the conditions were met*
- 15.5 year lifetime warranty.**
- No user battery replacement – no cost to user for batteries.
- Predictable cost of ownership.
- User-Selectable Activation Altitude.
- Dropzone offset.
- Superior cutter design has always cut the reserve closing loop cleanly, even with no tension on the loop.
- Unique V-cut technology applies full force in one cutting intersection.
- Waterproof: 8 foot depth for 24 hours.
- Proactive, scheduled voluntary maintenance to ensure continued accurate operation and to perform any applicable updates.
- Automatically tracks weather changes throughout the day and adjusts accordingly.
- Unit information accessible via control unit display:
- Flight counter
- Serial number
- Next possible maintenance date
- Select scale of feet or meters
- User-Selectable Activation Altitude
- WSC specific: select Expert or Speed for canopy parameters
- WSC specific: select time duration for status change
*Given that the CYPRES was correctly installed and that the parameters to warrant an activation were met, including but not limited to the loop being properly routed through the cutter. Per our current knowledge as of April 2023.
**If both maintenances have been performed within the scheduled time frame.